According to Demand Gen Report’s 2014 B2B Buyer's Behavior Survey, 34% of respondents said the number of team members involved in a purchase decision has increased over the past 12 months. With the number of influencers on the rise, marketers are using Account Based Marketing (ABM) to be more targeted in their approach to engaging contacts at dream accounts—those big accounts that fit their company’s customer profile in terms of industry, revenue, stage in the buying cycle, or other criteria.
ABM is a strategic approach to reaching a small subset of prospects that meet your ideal profile. As opposed to more traditional marketing tactics, it is a narrowly focused lead generation strategy in which leads are highly qualified before you even market to them.
In this ebook, you'll learn more about ABM, focusing on the six critical steps to successfully targeting key accounts:
- Zero in on the ideal target
- Develop content that resonates
- Identify the optimal communication channels
- Tailor the experience with real-time personalization
- Execute targeted campaigns that identify pain points
- Measure and review performance